- Who Control the Information
- What information of customers gathers by Scholarshoppe.com?
- About Cookies and Tracking Mechanism?
- Does Scholarshoppe.com shares the received Information?
- How Secure Is my Information?
- What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
- What Information I Can Access? And what Choice I have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Scholarshoppe.com?
- Notices and Revisions
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Scholar Shoppe is controlled by Scholar Shoppe Pvt. Ltd (the data controller), at 6/24, 2nd Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adayar, Chennai – 600020, Tamil Nadu, India.
The domain name “www.scholarshoppe.com” is owned by Scholar Shoppe Pvt. Ltd a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, with its registered office at 6/24, 2nd Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adayar, Chennai – 600020, Tamil Nadu, India.(hereafter referred as “Scholar Shoppe”)
What information of customers gather by Scholarshoppe.com?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Scholarshoppe.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We gather following type of information
Information You Provide Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Scholarshoppe.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Scholarshoppe.com on other Web sites.
Email Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Scholarshoppe.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Scholarshoppe.com to disclose your information, if so required under the applicable law.
About Cookies and Tracking Mechanism?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features of shopping, recommended for you, personalised advertisements on other web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Scholarshoppe.com shares the received Information?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Scholarshoppe.com or sell offerings to you at Scholarshoppe.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Scholarshoppe.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- With your consent:other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is my Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology-Security Techniques- Information Security Management System-Requirements”.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company or payment gateway during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Scholarshoppe.com may also display personalised third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Scholarshoppe.com or visits to Scholar Shoppe Pvt. Ltd Associate Web sites.
Although Scholarshoppe.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalised advertisement meet the criteria used to personalise the ad.
What Information I Can Access?
Scholarshoppe.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Scholarshoppe.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Scholarshoppe.com features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to personalise third-party advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Scholarshoppe.com?
Use of Scholarshoppe.com is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use Scholarshoppe.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at Scholarshoppe.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through Scholarshoppe.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries, provide and rating Reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; the personal description in your Your Profile; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by Scholar Shoppe Pvt Ltd and / or Group Companies; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Overture); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Scholarshoppe.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences and address book); payment settings (including credit-card information and gift certificate, gift card and cheque balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, Recommended for You and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favorites); Wish Lists and Marketplace seller accounts and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests and Recommendations, your List mania lists, “So You’d Like to…” guides, personal profile, people you tagged as interesting,